I know there are a lot of members who also play guitar, so I thought I'd give you a "heads up" about SAGA.

A while back, I bought a Saga reproduction of an early Selmer Macaferi called a Gitane...supposedly an accurate reproduction of the guitar Charlie Christian
played (carried by Musician's Friend and other mail order houses).

The first time I took it out of the case, the strings buzzed, so I took it back to the dealer, who couldn't fix it...green wood at the neck joint that caused an irreparable bow. He replaced it.

Same thing with the replacement. I took this one back and it was also beyond repair.

The dealer had dropped the line, due to on-going quality problems and lack of support from Saga, so I contacted the company directly. I was told that there was a one year warrantee against manufacturers defects (they don't include any warrantee papers with their instruments)and that the last order processed by the dealer was December, 2003, so I was basically S.O.L.

In contacting other area dealers, I heard the same tale...defective products and no factory support.

It was only a $650.00 instrument, and my expectations were relatively low. I mainly wanted it for historic reasons. But, it should have at least been playable.

Live and learn. The dealer offered to refund my money, but he's a relatively small guy, so we worked a deal where I bought two more instruments at a price that allowed him to recover his cost for those two and the defective one.... a wash for him. I paid more than the instruments I got were worth, but this is a decent guy and I didn't want him to "eat" the cost of the Saga.

Subsequently, I've seen three more of these "clubs", all with the same problem.

Watch out for SAGA...they SUCK, big time!
This is the WORST instrument and the lousiest factory support I've ever gotten, and I have over 300 stringed instruments.
I'm thinking about initiating an action with the Attorney General's office to force the recall of every one of these pieces of "firewood" ever made.

Russ