Got the idea this would be interesting reading. So let's hear from you all!

All my ancestors were German. From Prussia (Preussen). Ratti, Kolmar, Posen, Prussia I think is the breakdown. One came from Pomerania (Pommern) which I believe was also part of Prussia. My grandpa came from Bromberg, Germany. Also part of Prussia I guess.

FWIW, the Langholff side of my family came over in 1848 during the revolution. The husband stayed to finish up business I guess and was killed in a fire. The rest came over on a boat. There was a calm at sea and they ran out of provisions, causing some to die. All they had to live on was small amounts of sugar. Some needed to be detained at Ellis Island because of their weakened condition.

They all settled in the Jefferson, Wisconsin area. The Indians were friendly and showed them how to farm the land. I understand the Indians also liked to look into the windows of their log cabins!

Can you imagine the spirit of these people going through all of that and then traveling to Wisconsin, probably in covered wagons. Can you imagine the road conditions at the time. All of our ancestors should be given a pat on the back for their bravery and determination to have a better life which is what got us all to where we are today. Just amazes me to think about it. No autobahn, just bumpy dirt roads.

Does anybody know any Langholff's (Langholf, Langhoff, Langhof) I understand we're all related.

Reminds me of the story of some of my family traveling out the the "Badlands" in the Dakota's I think and inquired if the local's knew any Langholff's. The answer was yes. There were some horse thieves by that name. hahaha. (This was many,many years folk's. No need to be alarmed!) Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......anybody here raise any cattle by any chance?? lol

Our feet are sane. (German for I'll be seeing you.)haha

Scott Langholff
http://www.ScottLMusic.com

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 04-28-2005).]