this old thread grabbed me as i am a jazz guy too and am
getting burned out on arrangers since all I use for most part is bass and drum, sometimes add a little gtr strum, sometimes some horn backing for swing stuff. Never use sequencer. I find lately I like neither using the arranger bass lines or my own lh bass lines--but doing both at the same time...don't ask why, but it just makes everything move so much better, and i can get off my lines when i want to do 2-hand stuff and get a little nutty w/my bass lines too since the bass rhythm is going on behind it. ideally a 76 if available would be better for me doing this, and a kb that could have the bass (and maybe gtr strum too) follow my lh to some degree, have good jazz/latin/brazilian/funk/blues drum patterns, and have
these sounds top quality: piano, rhodes, jazz gtrs, flamenco gtr, B3, vibes, strings, synthbrass, muted tpt,
flute/piccolo, and vocalese. don't use kb sax cuz i play sax. my technics kn2600 has a sound called "female doo-wah" that just kills, so weak vocalese will not satisfy me. I see a lot of recommendations for Motif Es, what about the MO6 compared to the Motif? Or any others?

------------------
Miami Mo