Well, I say NOT SO FAST!!!

I was in the same position as you. I was considered a "High Potential" employee with my current firm and management 6 years ago, then all of a sudden the management regime changed.

I found myself surrounded by self centered, politically minded, arrogant do nothings. (Sort of like the Super Bowl Commercial with the Monkeys).

Anyway, to make a long story short, I became desparate at my job. I now hated my once cherished and loved job. I DECIDED TO STICK IT OUT. Why let some incompetents run me out of town.

I started networking and I did an end-around to my clients by providing them with spectacular customer service and guidance. They in turn propped me up with management and soon I was able to work on some new projects, but in the same position. I then started adding more and more resources to my staff to handle more of these projects, and low and behold I had a small little empire going.

Now, all the incompetents have been either fired or made irrelevant, and I am now the "go-to" guy when people want things done. I have a new boss who loves me and I him. Things are just great and I was just rewarded with a nice 10% salary increase and huge bonus.

My point is; Jobs are cyclical. I chose to be patient; not imprudent, but patient. I stuck it out and also stepped up my efforts a notch to get out of my "Comfort Zone".

So far so good.

My advice; stick with it, but change your attitude to a more positive one and look for opportunity, not a way out!!!

Best Regards,
Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 02-16-2005).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps