Phil,

Do not solder anything to the hook-looking device in the middle--that is part of the assembly where the tip of the 1/4-inch plug connects when plugged.

The two tabs to the sides with holes in them are where the wires are soldered. Only one wire is hot, while the other is ground. These are referred to as TS (tip/sleeve) type connectors.

If you are using two conductor, sheilded cable running from the equipment to the system, one red wire, one black wire and one bare sheild wire, twist the black and bare wires together and connect them to the solder connection that goes to the jack's SLEEVE. The red wire should be soldered to the jack's TIP connection.

If you do not have one, I suggest heading to the nearest Radio Shack and purchasing an inexpensive multi-meter for testing the circuitry. This can save you a lot of time and greif when undertaking projects of this type.

If I lived closer I would come over and wire the system up for you myself, but for now this is the best I can offer.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)