Looks like not too many people come to the Bar anymore, but this is something I wanted to discuss for a long time, and this is where it belongs.

Problems that surface periodically are the result of individual differences and egos.

Sometimes, those differences can be good.
On my first contact (via his posts), I thought UD was pretty overbearing. I'm as put off at calling jobs "shows" as he is calling jobs "gigs". We're different. I'm a "gigging" musician. But he has come to be one of my treasured lifetime friends. He always shows great compassion, was a terrific help to me personally when a friend died recently, and I would trust him on any business deal, with no questions asked. His 24 hour visit to "Redneck Russ" will always be treasured.

I really don't like country music, but Don Mason is a master at the vocals and playing steel guitar lead lines. On top of that, he's one of the great gentlemen of the world.
He and I have done a significant amount of business together, and he has done multiple favors; no questions asked. He's the kind of friend I really appreciate and trust completely. I really appreciate his "old school" integrity.

I'm also not a big fan of most gospel music, but Rory deserves the recognition he gets and can probably out-play my old "jazz" butt with one hand. He's a real pro, and I appreciate knowing him and admire his commitment to his art.

Taike is worlds away, but really tries to make a difference. He's a kind soul and a valued friend.He helps me see the world in a different light.

Freddy, is a delight. He knows guitars and is a first class gentleman. He's someone I would really like to visit, even though he's thousands of miles away.

Donny is occasionally a little hard to take, but Dave says he and Fran are great guys, and I believe him.

Then, there's that Austrailian host of ours. He's to be admired and appreciated for far more than keeping this forum going. As a game designer, player and guitar "nut" who, with the help of Kerry, overcame an unbelievable obsticle, he's a "class act" friend, all the way.

There are others. This is just a sample of some who are different than I, but greatly valued for their individuality.

The point is, it's the differences which make these valued acquaintences. It's easy to complain about differences (like those awful Yamaha home keyboards....joking!). Let's try to remember to appreciate how individual differences make the world a more interesting and enjoyable place.

I appreciate you...."ya bunch of wierdo's".

Russ