Quote:
Originally posted by lowfrequencyoscillator:
I agree that the possiblities are endless . Stephen Hawkins believes that Warp Drive is possible , the big problem , power source . He said that we would have to generate the power of the sun during it's lifetime every second .

Well, you know science fiction? There you can read what people vitually create in their minds. Those pictures we see are like beacons in our future sight. All we have to do is going this way step by step. I'm sure that any kind of technology will shoot those and any other troubles. Not now but somewhere in time when the time is right for us to quest the universe. Maybe our children or our children's children...
It's our turn to make the first step on this way and this means:

STOP HATE AND VIOLENCE
BREAK DOWN THE WALLS
LIVE TOGETHER IN PEACE
GIVE UP BUSINESS AND MONEY
HELP EACH OTHER
TRUST IN ARTS, PHILOSOPHIE AND SCIENTIFIC

...forever...

Quote:
There is excelleration , if you jumped to just a fraction of the speed of light , you would be thrown against the back of the ship and squashed to a bloody spot . You need a dampning field for this .

There are a lot of problems to surmount - maybe more than we can imagine at this point. Another point for example is the time shift while traveling in light speed (Einstein's relativity theory). If you would take a flight in light speed around the earth then after landing you would notice that no friend of yours would have survived.
But indeed we will really shoot this trouble somewhere in time...

Oh, by the way, am I the only one who is thinking that I'm writing the same things again and again?

Quote:
Maybe they don't even travel through normal space .

Maybe, maybe not, ... why don't we ask'em when they come in here?

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)