freddynl,

Digital Ear is so far the best wave-to-midi software that I listened to, definitely much better than my GI-10 on aux in. Although we can perceive obvious differences between the original wave files and the resulting MIDI files, I must agree that if the MIDI files are really the result of Digital Ear's processing then this is an ideal package at least for now. When Calkwalk released their "In Concert" software, which is a drilling package for keyboardists so that the accompaniment of MIDI files automatically follows the lead of the keyboardist as far as the keyboard portion is played the same as the original recording. The keyboardist can jump around different portions of the song by playing different portions of pieces that he/she wants to go to. Since I am also a song leader at my church, I quickly realize the potential of this package together with a good wave-to-MIDI realtime converter - then my voice can be converted to MIDI signals that matches the pre-recorded melody portion and song leaders can actually "drive" the accompaniment of the MIDI files at the desired speed or repeat any particular portions of the song at ease. The result could be a completely automated, the most flexible song leading orchestration method
or most flexible karaoke machine in the world. Of course, even with Digital Ear now what I describe here is far from being realistic. But at least it is going the right direction. I think with Digital Ear and Calkwalk In Concert the instrumentalists now finally have an affordable practice system based on standard MIDI files - much cheaper than the proprietory drilling tools that they had to pay/rent for.

Paul