Hi Fran,

Thanks for your reply. Strictly speaking, I'm not sequencing but rather using CW9 to record MIDI and audio files with the purpose of mixing down to a CD on some distant day . Last night I found that latency was a factor when recording my guitar with audio and MIDI already laid down. It threw off my timing.

When I started gearing up to do recording, a salesman convinced me I needed a Yamaha PSR keyboard, which has sequencing and lots of XG voices. I was clear that my needs centered around my PC and recording, but apparently hw was either an idiot, or worked on commision... maybe both.

So, now I've got this $500 input device/paperweight. It will not work as an XG tone generator -> my PC I was hoping to cut my losses after buying the S-YXG100 so that I could record hearing my XG input generated by my keyboard, and hear it using S=YXG100 on playback while recording audio and other MIDI.

I've still got a lot of holes in my knowledge of things like this, so if you have any comments or ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks,
Denis