Quote:
Originally posted by stillme:
you just don't hear anything hardly about God on a radio station...at least where I'm from you don't. I was wondering why God and religion is such a taboo on most radio stations..but hate, sex, violence, broken hearts, all that kind of stuff, isn't.

You just asked a very complex question, which I can only touch up on. The unabridged answer to your question can easily take up a book. Here we go, and I might add, you asked for it.

I blame it mostly on the media and large corporations. Ever since the late 60s and early 70s, both of these elements have been working diligently to divide and therefore weaken this nation on many issues. It used to be just plain old right and wrong. You dont hear that anymore. Now you hear Liberal/Conservative, Pro-choice/Pro-life, whats politically correct and what is not and so on.

Its been the media of news and entertainment that has been behind the whole new twisted definition on freedom of religion. Any person in their right mind understands that displaying a cross or a banner that says "In God We Trust" is not an infringement upon anyones personal relgious beliefs as long as no one is forcing you by law to participate, but the media has twisted it all for everyone to believe that if you put a cross in your dormroom, you may be "offending" your roommate who is an athiest. A person who gets offended easily by a piece of wood on the wall just doesnt have respect for your beliefs. Many just play the "victim" role to gain sympathy. It also can serve as a great powertrip to force someone to stop doing something that is of major importance to their spirituality. Lets be honest, when was the last time you felt offended because you saw a buddhist statue?

Religion is one of the glues that builds strong family character and creates a bond that is virtually unbreakable. It is also what keeps a nation strong. Take religion along with family values away and look what you have. You have exactly what we have now. I sincerely believe that this is what big business wanted to break down these barriers to create lemming consumerist zombies. And as you can see, that is what the general masses of America are today. We dont care about going to church on Sunday or spending quality time with the family. We just want to make sure that the credit card is still active so we can get the big tvs and the car stereos and so on. Admit it, this is what America has become.

I know many of you are going to get pissed at what I am about to say, but it is clear that the hippie generation inspired by and in collaboration with the television media was the spark that has created irreversable damage to America that will take generations to fix. Before that entire era, there was a low crime rate, family values were at an all time high, people were friendlier and communities were strong. For a clear understanding to what the hippie movement was all about, read a book called "DO IT". I had to read it in highschool. The book really is a piece of filth.

The hippie movement introduced selfish acts such as drug experimentation, an abandon of values and religion,replacing it with New Age propaganda, an abandon of family structure, replaced with free love and guilt free thoughts and "individualism"(really everyone acted the same). "ME NUMERO UNO" car stickers and pins were a big seller. It was the beginning of every man for himself and screw everyone else.

Today, everyone is a victim. Everyone is an "individual". There is no "we" there is only "me". Now the reason why sex and violence have replaced religion is because we have been reduced to our basic primitive instincts. We are no longer civilized. Some people will tell you that we have progressed since 1960. Technology wise maybe, but as human beings, no.

[This message has been edited by Chris Attison (edited 03-17-2002).]