Quote:
Originally posted by hauschild:
I need to know the most practical route for me to run on this one. Do I purchase an external soundcard, or do I go with the audio interface? Is the mlan16 an example of an audio interface?

As far as I know 'MLAN' means midi LAN only, and that means to me that it is an digital audio card. It seems to me that the MLAN16-E is an internal card for a Motif ESx board. Is it possible that arranger keyboards doesn't come with a full range of digital interfaces?

I saw many interesting posibilities for example in combination with a Yamaha 01X mixer board with which you can control your internal soft synths and sequenzers.

I also saw that the problem of latency isn't still corrected even if you're using ASIOdirect. You still have latencies up to 2.2ms and that's not acceptable to me (Another reason for me to use an Atari ).

Quote:
Originally posted by hauschild:
Ultimately, I will run vocals and guitar, in addition to my synth.

Okay, now it's important for me to know what kind of guitar and vocals you want to use. Do you want to sing and play guitar on a real mic/instrument? Or do you want to use the internal abilities of virtual singers and guitarists?
Also it's important for me to know wether you want to record your songs on a hard disc or to an external destination. Only permitting signals is easier to manage for the PC than permitting and receiving at the same time. But for a full studio function ability you will need both directions.

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)