I have read many posts where people disagreed and debated and everyone was right. What needs to be added to any opinion is what I am trying to accomplish and the reason for selecting my method.

THE SD CARD AND HOW TO USE IT EFFECTIVELY?

Bernie’s post was good. He used the SD card to store song settings and then uses My Favorites to call them up. This leaves the registration memory for instruments that he favors. Great, but he does not state his reason for using this method in favor of other methods.

This was my method before retiring from playing out.
People are dancing and I want to get to the next type of song as quickly as I can. I also need to know what song I want to play next. Speed and a list of songs to chose from are essential.

Example; I am playing New York New York – I open the panel memory banks and I have 13 banks, eight on a page to chose from. I am still playing the first song and I find LeRoy Brown, Bank 2 memory #4. As soon as the ending of my first song finishes I push #4 and Leroy Brown begins its introduction. I have accomplished what I needed – It is fast, very fast and I had a list to chose from – and the dancers are still on the floor.

The downside is that I lose the use of the Registrations to add different instrument setups. I have tried to work around that problem by saving my style with my own OTS settings. I can use Favorites on the right side of the keyboard to add a different instrument but that only changes a single instrument not a complete setup. Is there a faster way? I’m open.

Now that I am retired and my needs have changed I will be using the SD card differently. I am hoping that reading the older posts on this subject and reading what may be added here on this post will help. (Options) If Bob and Roger are willing to give an outline of how they are using the SD card I am sure I/we will all benefit.

John C.