Elizabeth,
These opinions come from two musicians who have owned all the Kn keyboards since the Kn1000, but -- they are still only opinions.

After having the Kn5000 for three months – and turning away and deciding to sell it my friend and I plugged a Kn7000 and a Kn5000 into my new Bose Compact PA. Here are our thoughts, which I might add were the same in all areas.
1-The Kn5 is no match for the Kn7 in the overall (quality) sound.
2-The pads on the Kn5 left a great deal to be desired.
3-The Kn5 is not as heavy as the Kn7 the difference is not that great, not a good enough to make a change.

4-The Kn5 in sound was closer to my Tyros3 than the Kn7. If I were trying to full a dance floor with the sound of my keyboard, (the rhythm/style) the Kn5 would certainly stand out. The bass and drums are out in front in the Kn5 but not as much as my Tyros3 making it a great choice for my type of music. (Big Band - Sinatra ect.)

If dollars were not considered I would have a Kn7 alongside of my Tyros3. (Ideal, the best of two worlds) But the Kn5 price is well below that of a Kn7, the Kn7 is about 5 to 6 times the price. Much more of a keyboard but still about $400 compared to $2,000 to $2,400 for the Kn7.

I have some laid back jobs, meaning that they do not require me being the best-of-the-best, so I am trying to decide if I should take my Ty3 or my Kn5. Not an easy decision, basically they ARE pretty close in a few important areas. For me personally when dollars allow I will sell the Kn5 to purchase a kn7.

Elizabeth, I hope this gives you a better picture – If I can help with a specific
question let me know.

John C.