Jene,
I made a habit of loading once when I turned my keyboard on. I loaded the instrument sounds – All registration banks – Composer memory – and MSP. The data could be placed on a Floppy or the SD card.

Using this method I was always sure to start from the same point. If I make any changes because of sequencing or that I may have downloaded a midi file that changed something in my keyboard I knew I had corrected any change or changes that I may not have been aware of.

I programmed the sound direct in Kn7 so that I had a special sound setup going to my mixer -- (I was playing a job) – When I loaded a midi file it changed my settings and eliminated the bass channel going to my mixer. Not good, people stared.

I know that you can freeze some of these keyboard changes but loading once before I start puts me in a good place – I’m secure in knowing that what is in the areas that I used is still there.

John C.

PS, At the Organ concerts the performer placed a card into the instrument they were about to play for the same reasons. They took no chances.