Tek, A friend gave me some speakers that I put downstairs in this small study like TV room. I have been puzzled by these for weeks. They say Dahlquist "Phased Array DQ-10". Ever heard of? These speakers say 100 Watts on the rear panel. 7.95 Ohms was the static load they tested at. They come off at 100 watts like "What are you trying to do? Tickle me?" They are old schools-I think looks like a split 5 way setup(actually a three way with the mids and highs ohm split together in phased parrellel) I pour power into these things and they just suck it up like it's nothing. I mean a lot of power Great sound with no discernible speaker distortion that I can detect until ridiculas power levels are whoa I mean waaaay beyond 250 Watts each, when low freq kiks begin to buckle, RMS power meters show about 400 Watts per side! A speaker with this appetite? What kind of freak speakers are these? My original impression was that they are just old school audiophile stereo speakers from your neck of the woods. The Heil's I have in my bedroom sound like they're ready for discharge at a garage sale compared to these weird looking power suckers. Is this pair a freak? or no??
MORPH!