1- Midi file if downloaded is not your work.

2- If you rework the file it is still not your work. Just because you shine your shoes it does not mean that you made them.

3- The use of Midi files and your playing ability are in direct proportion. One goes down when the other is used. Playing ability includes how you use your keyboard. I spent a year collecting many Midi files, thousands, I found I had lost the ability to play songs that were not a problem the year before.

4- I am dollars to entertain – now things change. We are limited in what we can do with our keyboards, there are songs that need many parts playing at the same time carrying the flavor of the song. In this case it is necessary to use a Midi file to earn “Good entertainer”.

5- There are also times when performing when a Wave file should be used. A wave file would be what you hear when playing a CD. At times I use all three forms when I have a paying job.

Reason for my post – This world, especially for the paid professional musician is asking us to lose the purity of the music we love. I am talking about the art of playing and feeling and creating, it is enough that we need the styles that our keyboards offer us. There is joy in turning off parts of the accompaniment so that they can hear more of us. Reality

Aaaaaah, I just had to say that.

John C.