Bob H - It may surprise you, Bob but we are on the same planet and I comprehend your lingo. Cutting to the chase, the only way to safely play live after playing a sequenced song is to load a file that has ALL PANEL MEMORY, SOUND MEMORY, ETC., what I have been trying to avoid having to do – is this to your thinking? The way I have been saving a sequenced song, I don’t have to do this. You are thinking, “Yes, but you have run into a problem.” I ran into this problem by using CUSTOM PANEL for the sounds in RIGHT2 coming up wrongly when sequenced songs are played. It is bad enough that one has to remember to take the INTRO button off and the SEQUENCER button off when playing live. By adding another step of loading from the SD card is a further irritating step, though you and others say it’s easy. It IS easy. The problem is, having to DO IT.

Speaking of the INTRO and SEQUENCER buttons needing turned off, one of the biggest mistakes Technics made was not correcting this through Panel Memory settings. Panel Memory settings should override any previous settings – they do for everything else. We all have experienced the embarrassment (or at least, I have) of starting to play live and have the INTRO and SEQUENCER buttons still on.

Here is a way of playing that you or others might not have considered – I might have a Panel Memory set in Pianist Mode, play and sing 8 bars of a song ad lib, switch to another Panel Memory with a style in tempo, finishing the song. I also might play and sing the 8 bars, press the SEQUENCER button and finish the song.

John C – I do keep separate live performance from sequenced work. I was hoping for a way to not have to load my live settings after I have played a sequenced song. I CAN do this by the way I have been saving a sequenced song. I am being told it is the wrong way to save and dangerous of changes down the line.

I look forward to Audrey’s comments on saving songs to Music Stylist.

ONE FINAL COMMENT – I have never saved or used PERFORMANCE. Since it is not part of the default settings, I just never got around to knowing anything about it. I would appreciate all your thoughts about this as to how it is beneficial.

Thanks,

Scott