Yes. I use the atari as a midi sequencer because the software is unique. I want the atari to trigger the pc as a slave sequencer; and vice versa. Can this be done with parallel? I am hoping this can all be done with midi. For instance, record a midi track from the keyboard to the atari, then record a track from the keyboard to the pc, then transfer a track from the pc to the atari, vice versa, etc. Will simple in/out midi connections between the 4x4 midiman and any in/out module (computer, controller, sound module)be good enough to shake hands. My assumption is midi is a common thread, that basically all the components in midi setups are exactly the same.
thanks
wadrum

Quote:
Originally posted by WS:
Why do you want to use one for Midi only? What kind of connections do you have...ethernet, parallel...these would connect the PCs if you want to bother. Midi doesn't use much disk space. What kind of midiman do you have? If it is a 4X4 or greater you just make the midi connections and in Cakewalk you set up the MIDI IN/OUT ports. If it is a 1x1 or 2x2 or 1x2 you will have to daisy chain the midi. You won't be able to access more than 16 channels on a 1x1, 1x2 and 32 channels with a 2x2 interface. This limits you if all of your modules/keys/controllers have midi channels.