I have been happily using a Technics KN 2000 for more than 12 years. In fact, when my very expensive original one died about 3 years back, I found a mint cond one on ebay - for $300 - and saved shipping by picking it up myself. I use it as a main board with a band, playing left hand bass and right hand electric piano, organ and various layers. I use the arranger functions for solo gigs, or for dinner music during an otherwise full band gig. I thin out the styles I use, cutting back this or that accompaniment part or muting it altogether, and everything sounds tatseful and suprisingly hip. It has been a true warhorse for me! I have a KN 3000 as well, which has a slightly different part assignment scheme than the 2000, some different sounds and a very useable ON Bass mode. I should use that board more often.

Here is my problem - I had a floppy disk filled with styles and set ups for the 2000. I had not used that floppy in some time and when I went to do so the other day on a gig, the screen readout told me that "the data on the disk was created for another product" or something to that effect. I have used that very same disk before with no problems. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be?