As an amateur "musician," I have to offer my few comments on this subject of the fabulous organs and other instruments. I agree they are spectacular to listen to, but only accomplished musicians can play them, and play them well! I think among the members of this Synth Zone Forum, there are probably a number of professional players and really expert musicians on board, and the comments in this thread may be appropriate to them. But, also among all of the total number of members here, there are at least a few of us who, like me, are amateurs, who, also like me, cannot read music, or who have only limited or no musical education, and cannot really even classify ourselves as "musicians," but who can still enjoy the magic musical pleasures of plucking away on a keyboard like the fabulous Technics 5000, 6000, 6500, 7000, or even some of the older KN models.

So, I agree that perhaps the KN keyboards are limited to those of you who can really play. But for those of us who are hobbyists, who play by ear, with limited or no musical knowledge or education, or who are less than professional in ability, the KN allows us the wonder of playing and enjoying a unique musical experience that no organ or more complicated keyboard can. I love to sit at my 7000, play a familiar melody, and chord it by ear alone, and then add the automatic sounds offered by the KN keyboard. When they are all put together, I sound like I can really play!! And that is magic to me!

Therefore, I love reading and learning from all the comments and suggestions that this Forum provides us, regardless of "talent" and musical ability, to help us get the most out of our KN keyboards. It would seem to me that perhaps the organists should have their own Forum; if one does not exist, perhaps it can be started.

For whetver they are worth, those are my comments. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the comments from all of you herein, even if they are not relevant to me. Thanks for letting me get my "two cents worth" in!

Ted Rose