I've been trying to convert a KN7000 sequence, which includes a Composer Style, to SMF Format, but am having a bit of a problem.
I've consulted the KN7000 manual, which as usual, is not much help. I've also had a look through Alec's 'How Do I Do That' but suprisingly, didn't find the answer there either. (Pages 65 - 67 get very near the answer but not quite )

Using the advice in HDIDT, I've successfully converted the APC data to SMF using Parts 5 through 13 (Tracks 9-16), which then reside in the sequencer. When played back, all these voices are set to Piano, which of course, is not the voicing for the APC parts, in the original style in the Composer.
Track 5 (Drum 1) should be Jazz Kit, Track 6 (Drum 2) should be Live Rock Kit, Track 7 (Bass) should be Acoustic Bass and the other tracks Accomp 1 - 5, should be various instruments. I can temporarily set the correct voices, in the sequencer page 2 (Mixer) which produces the desired sounds, as long as the style variation is not changed, but as soon as the sequencer changes the variation, the track voices change back to Pianos and cannot be recovered.

What I can't figure out, is how to reset Tracks 9 - 16 to their correct instruments. The process is further complicated, in that Intro, Ending, and all 4 Variations, use a different setup for the 5 Accompaniment parts.
So my question is : How do I allocate the correct voices, for all the Variations, Intro and Ending, to Tracks 9 to 16. I know what the voice allocation is, for the original style, since I can determine this in the Composer edit facility. I'm sure someone has carried out this process successfully and I would be grateful for some enlightenment. Taa

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 03-20-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)