So far, the most exciting new entry for me has been the Motif. I haven't even played the ES yet, because I'm stuck in arranger/sequence work at the moment with no immediate end in sight. (Raising 3 kids, supporting 2 homes, not much free time.....whew.)

I love the Nord stuff as well, but I need synths to be more than one trick ponies. I don't have the room, or the time to set up a stack, like I did in the 70's and 80's. No more crowded stages for this guy, no sir. Slim and tight rigs for me.

I just got a Tyros, and the sounds and rhtyhms alone are pretty much worth the ticket price. I still do some work on a grand piano once a week, and much of my weekends are filled with large dance parties, so the Laptop is kind of like my conducter. I just play the piano parts these days.

In the actual "Synth" world, I still love buttons and sliders, but work comes first, so there will be no new kbs here, unless they can multitask, and work with me at a job. My clientele is 30-60 yrs old, on average...so synths are not all that vital to to my product. I play the hits, take requests and generally shmooze the ladies to enjoy the night.

It ain't Carnagie Hall, but like the Teredactyl under Wilma's sink used to say........ "It's a living !"