Hello Joe,

Interesting questions. Here is my contribution.

I began studying the trombone at the tender age of 7 (I'm 75 now) and loved the instrument. I practiced about an hour each day. I studied the instrument for about 12 years.

Playing the trombone opened many doors for me. I played in our high school band, a local city marching and concert band, and the Los Angeles Junior Symphony orchestra. I also played in a brass quartet at our church. Our city marching band participated in the annual Tournament of Roses parade and we won our division each of the three years I was with the organization. That enabled us to attend the Rose Bowl game free! For a young kid. it was the next best thing to sliced bread with peanut butter and jelly!

I stopped playing the instrument when I enlisted in the U.S. Air Force. I have never regretted it. I simply moved on.

If I were to list all of the musicians I have admired over the years, Nigel would have to expand Synth Zone! A short list would include Oscar Peterson, Henry Mancini, David Rose, Hugo Winterhalter, Ella Fitzgerald, Mel Torme, George Shearing, Buddy Rich, Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Les Baxter, Norman Luboff, June Christy, Sarah Vaughan, Frank Sinatra, Carlos Joabim, Billy Eckstine, Nat King Cole, Lionel Hampton, Count Basie, Harry Connick, Jr., and I haven't mentioned many of the wonderful composers or country musicians I admire. Those reading my list will be acutely aware that Clapton, Rolling Stones, Oasis, Queen, Sting, and indeed all "Rockers" are conspicuous by their absence. That is because in my opinion, their so-called music is rubbish when compared to the music of the artists in my shortlist. Each to their own opinion I guess.

As for a keyboard I have had a soft spot for, I would say it is a top of the range organ. I have neither the space nor the money for one so it will remain a soft spot rather than a reality. Having said that, my KN7000 is a wonderful instrument that gives me all the musical pleasures I could wish for, so I am eminently satisfied with the keyboard I already have.

An interesting thread. Joe. I will follow it to read what others have to say.

Take care my friend.

Chuck