The various comments you all make are good and constructive and I have to admit, I have been tempted once or twice. Firstly, I was interested in the Korg PAX1 Pro as when I heard this being played, I instantly recognised some of the Technics styles, but when I saw the latest keyboard, I realised they are using rubber-type pressure buttons and a touch-screen which has put me off completely. Before retiring, I worked for a large Bank and we had PCs made up similarly and I found the buttons in particular could not be relied upon to make instant contact. If your hands were hot or the screen had a speck of dust, sometimes they would not work at all or would be slow in making contact. Imagine the embarrass-ment playing for dancing and hitting a style button which does not make instant contact? Another factor is some keys/
buttons are prone to wear in the same place when used regularly.

I received a DVD from Yamaha demonstrating the Tyros 2. I have to say, I was impressed as it was very well presented and I learned a great deal about the programming side of it which you do not get in a shop demon-stration. Some of the styles and sounds I thought were better than the KN7 but for me, there were very few. I really liked the idea of a hard drive facility albeit optional but whilst I can see there is a potential for preset songs (particularly for singers as the harmoniser is really impressive) I felt it wouldn't be long before we would all begin to sound alike, especially the amateurs among us.

Couple all this with the fact I have over 150 Floppies and SD Cards both professional and my own, representing hours of work and pleasure, I decided my KN7 is still my 'first love' and until there really is a keyboard on the market to beat the KN7 I'll cherish them both until they give up on me.

Audrey