Today, Saturday being a storm day and my work all caught up I had wife Jann drive us over to the Technics dealer about 20 miles across San Jose. They were having a big sale and advertising up to 70 % discount. With tongue in cheek, I went directly to the store manager that I have known for a long time and made them a reasonable offer for a KN7000. He got out his manual and advised me their list price was over 5000.00 USD and their sale price for this sale was over 4000.00 USD. He offered me the bare keyboard for 3468.00, because I had bought from them before and he would not have to pay a salesman commission. This is the professional musicians discount price. I smiled and went to the other end of the store and visited with the factory rep, who wishes to be nameless here, for about an hour. He really wanted me to buy the KN7 so he said he would go talk to the owner who was there and take my offer to him. It was interesting to note that my wife Jann was already talking to the owner when the Technics rep approached.
My offer was refused by the store owner as he advised that he was just as stubborn as Bebop is. So no cigar this time. Maybe another day. The factory rep did give me a lot of answers that I am not to comment on here and he gave me a 8 mg SD card with 80 K7 Styles on it for if and when I do buy it. So........... we managed to kill of a stormy day and have a pleasant visit with a factory rep that has been with Technics as long as I have, since the first PR90 I bought from them. He knows everyone I know and is aware of our forum here.
I am open to a deal if anyone is open to making a bonifide offer. Email me only.
Best to all
Bebop