Been reading this thread..UUUMMMM interesting, here is my view point.

Most (and thats not all) DJs are DJs because they are failed musicians. They can't play instruments, they can't sequence a track, they can't master in a recording studio. So what next?

"Ah, some twin decks, they're easy enough to learn."

And with a bit of practice they can mix a few of someone elses records together and say they are "making music". Bull s**t.

Anyone who believes all theses top DJs are the best in the world are idiots. Who gave them the right to ask for mega fees? Who would they be without the musicians like me and you? It is because of them that most underground dance music is not getting through. They only play each others records off each others labels to benefit themselves. Is this the right attitude of a so called 'musician'?

I could teach my Mom to DJ. Put her there on the lineup with DJ whatever and you tell me if anyone could tell if if was my Mom playing? Answer is no.

I started clubbing during the Rave scene. There were no big DJ names, no flashy venues, no stupid dress restrictions. Then, it was all about the music. Now its all about the money. When we'd go to a club we would go to listen to some top tunes. We didn't go to see any particular DJ, we didn't care who was playing. It was all about the music.

Dance music these days has lost it. There are too many 'DJs' out there playing absolute s**t. The industry is money orientated to make a few people rich. Look at Ibiza for example. How expensive is it to go there clubbing? If you haven't been I can tell you it is ridiculous.

Look at the dance music compilations that are in the shops. Time after time the same tunes appear on these CDs.

When will someone take the initiative to return the dance music scene to the old days when we went clubbing to have a good time and listen to GOOD music.

Fxdif