I'm sure someone can explain what I have to do to save a playable MIDI version of a recorded song on the 7000! After recording with the Sequencer and wanting to "Save" it, you can choose either Technics or SMF. Saving in the former is no problem (except you then have to play it back on the keyboard); however, saving to SMF then asks on the next page for a "Save as" followed by an NX, GM or GM2. Can someone tell me what the difference is between these three items? And which one should I use?

Then if I then go to the "APC to SMF Convert" page, I get a page with the following several columns:

Tr(ack) Part Data APC/Pad.

When I choose each track (1-4) and move over to the last column (APC/Pad), it says "OFF," but I can scroll among the following:

Drum Drum2 Bass Accomp1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Pad Part 1 and Pad Part 2.

Now, which one of these am I supposed to choose for each of the tracks (1-4)????? What I am trying to do is copy the recorded song and have it play more or less in MIDI format just as it does in Technics format.
I have tried to find the information in the Technics 7000 book, but had no success; so I am here asking for help again! I want to be able to play the song on my computer, etc., and I know that I must have the SMF format to do so, but when I played it back,having just saved it as SMF, I got just the melody line playing.
Thanks in advance for any help you wonderful keyboard/computer gurus, who always have the answers at hand!!!!

Ted

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 12-14-2005).]