Sheriff you mention you used the POD at 3 concerts. You must have used some sort of amplification even it wasn't a guitar amp. What was amplifiying your POD output? I suspect that may not have provided the full frequency range needed for your guitar sound if you felt it was lacking.

Why don't you just get a tube amp instead of trying to get that sound with modeling ? A Fender tube amp really isn't going to cost much more than a POD with a pedal board. While I do like using the POD ( I have a POD 2.0 with a pedal board at home ) I always use a Fender tube amp when I play live and just take the POD as an emergency backup. You just can't beat the real thing. Fender make great tube amps nowadays at an affordable price point. I think their amps are better value now than they were 30-40 years ago when a Twin Reverb still cost around $1000. For around $500 you can buy a new Fender amp that sounds just great and provides dual channel control.

Another great modeling option to checkout are the Vox modeling solutions. They also sound very authentic .... but I'd still choose the real thing over modeling any day. Don't get me wrong I think the Line 6 POD is great if you have a good solid state amp to run it through with 10-12 inch speakers. ( PS I did once try it with my guitar tube amp and it didn't sound nearly as good as when I run it through my 200 Watt solid state box that I use for keyboard ).

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 10-05-2005).]