Fair enough

There have been reports of problems when updating to XP. For this reason, it is much better to use a clean install.

I understand the "cost" factor, but then again, in my opinion, XP is by far the best operating system Microsoft has developed thus far. I remember the days of Windows crashing with 98, and that blue screen of death?... don't need that either. Besides if cost were a factor, I doubt I, and many others would have upgraded to a KN700. The KN5000 was ok. Of course we upgrade, because simply it's better.

Applications and programs are much more user friendly in Windows XP, compared to Windows98. One Example :
Have a digital camera? Just plug it in the USB, and your pics are easily downloaded to "My Pictures"
An example where XP is REQUIRED is in Windows Media Player 9.0 It is simply outstanding. With Win98 only 7.1 is available. This is true with many programs. Ever get the "Windows XP is Required" notice? What it means is, you got to get with the times dude !

My anology is Windows 98 is like the KN2000, and XP is like the KN7000. Which one do you prefer?

------------------
Larry Hawk
Technics For All

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900