Hi Bernie,
I got my Canvas ( it's about 5/6 years old) out yesterday afternoon, hooked it up to my laptop via a serial cable ( mine predates USB)and hooked the audio out to kn7's line in. and played a few midifiles. I have to admit I was a tad dissapointed. Hearing the same midifile played via the canvas and then with a bit of revoicing hearing it played using the kn7's internal sounds, there was really no comparison, the kn7 sounded better
but I did need to revoice, which is time consuming, so I'll probably still use the canvas as well, even though to my ears it doesn't sound as good.
With my SC88 , I'm not using the p.c's sound card.

I don't know the products that Alec mentioned, but I'll be checking them out too. Technology has come a long way since I bought the old canvas. There could be better solutions around nowadays for our poor quality sound cards in our laptops.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Hi Rikki

Since I am new to this,I have two questions.
1. If I serial or USB the sequencer program of my laptop to whatever module I get,does the configuration of the program divert the signal away from my soundcard and into the module ?

Bernie

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022