Hi Bill & Fran
The Panasonic is a 128Mb SD card whereas the Sandisk is 256Mb. However, I would not have thought the capacity should make so much difference. Both disks had been formatted in the KN7 and obviously both have the same number of folders etc. Also I used the same Backup file to restore to both SD cards - but still there was 20 mins difference. I'd be interested to know if anyone else with different makes of SD card do a similar test.

Bill, you may recall I mentioned how the amount of space used on the Panasonic SD card had suddenly gone from 33% to 0% and started counting again. (Although the space left in Kbs appeared to be still working OK) When I Backed up the Panasonic 128Mb SD card it was showing 6%. I used that Back up to restore to the Sandisk 256Mb and it showed 3% - so the formatting didn't solve that little problem. I've e-mailed Chris Whitehead who is going o look into it.

Fran - as you are using both Sandisk reader & cards, what sort of times do back up and restores take??

Finally out of curiosity I backup up my Panasonic 8Mb card (65% full) On the stopwatch the backup took 18 seconds and the restore 54 seconds.

As 'She who must be obeyed' said - little things please little minds
John