Thank you all for your help' i have succeeded in changing all the X voices to Technics voices and the song sounds much better.
John. I have not used the step record for any purpose yet but I can see a practical use for it here. I have however had success with Peter's method and was surprised at how easy it was.
Peter . I followed your instructions and all went well. I found I had to save all changes to Panel Memory 1 and do a Panel Write and save to keep the setting. I then loaded and saved it on a new disk.I have noticed that when I load the "new song" it still shows the G.M. sounds on the screen until I press Panel Memory 1 -so it apparently does not completely wipe out the G.M. sounds. Is that right?
Len. Glad to hear you are home and doing well. I did not have your E-mail address but heard from the others all the news. I thought the sound explorer was a sort of supplementary list. I did not really understand. Thank you for your explanation. Yes I am anxious to learn about midi.
Walter . thank you for your helpful E-mail. All I have to do now is to add some strings to this "new song". Cheers. Jean.