Personally, the only way I can get my music stand to function is to tie it with good strong string to my nephew. I then insist that he stands rigidly still for ever increasing lengths of time. He used to complain bitterly but after time i found that if I placed an unused disk in his mouth that the whinge level did not interfere with the music too much. ;-) Fortunately my brother needs to travel quite a bit so entrusts me (some would say foolishly), with the care of his offspring quite regularly. This method costs little except for incessant request to play 'old macdonald' et al!!!

Of course in reality I am forced to resort to the rather mundane method of bending the prongs so that the wretched thing stay's put. It once flew out in the middle of a rather excellent (in my opinion), rendition of God save the Queen and narowly missed the dog. Now if I sit down to play she makes a quick exit. I prefer to put this behaviour down to the above incident rather than a slur on my musical ability :-))

As ever
Tony. (who has at last posted without asking a question :-)))) )