Graham,

Thanks for the response and advice. Now I want to really put you on the spot (sorry!)

The example I used for a 12 bar bles was a very simplistic one. Suppose I want to play a 32 bar standard, again having an out-of-the box intro and ending. I'll want to play the head, then open up for solos (1 or more, depending upon my mood and/or other players involved).

Can I somehow place phrase marks in the arrangement, so that the head automatically repeats? I've discovereed repeats, but get a funky metronome-only beat and/or silence before the head repeats.

The manual talks about phrase marks, but I can't figure out how to establish them, or if they are necessary for a specific section to be repeated indefinitely.

I've sent about 40 or 50 emails regarding this problem, which would appear to me (at least theoretically) to be minor, yet nobody seems to know the answer. Inkw there has to be a relatively easy way to get this done.

Thanks again for the time you've taken to respond. Your idea sounds good, but limits me to 16 bars total...great for riff loops, but tough for a long head ("Desafinado" has 68 bars, I think!)

Let's keep in touch.

Regards,

Al