Dear weight watchers,

At my age I tote my seven, my speaker systems, my tripods, my music stand with light, the bag with wiring, extensions, mike and the like, my mike stand and last but not least the music case. With a seventy six year old five foot two wrinkled body with no teeth and missing some inward body parts I have nothing to complain about. I got a lot of silver wavy hair on top. And that is my very own. Have a good pair of choppers I can slide in in the AM and slide out in the PM and they do wonders for my smile. I have a number of cool rags that cover up my wrinkly body. Some snazzy shoes for the bottom end. I have a mind that seems to have not aged with my body, a sense of humor that can move a crowd and I don’t care if Ruthie says it might be a bit warped. Heavy equipment? Wish it could all be a bit lighter? For today, nothing but a dream.

Technics Engineers - are you out there? Very much, I would say! Are they listening? Very much, I would say. Ask yourself, does a ford ride and handle like a lincoln? Does a chevy ride and handle like a caddie? Come on auto engineers - are you out there? That kind of statement doesn’t make any sense, does it? You get what you pay for most of the time. Our KN’s do not weigh as much as some of the other top end brands but sure sound much better, have a much better OS, are made of much higher quality material, do not have wimpy keys and the quality control is much better. On top of that the latest technology. No one but us KN owners have all this in their boards. When you take in consideration the cost is no more than a lot of the others I think the technics engineers have done a great job.

Poor old Uncle Herman. Ya, Ruthies poor old Uncle Herman. Always dreaming about something he wished would be. Always lived in never never land. Never fulfilled. Never really happy with anything he had. Never could get a grasp on the now. As I formed my fingers around the cold brassy rod on the side of poor old Uncle Herman’s casket and lifted at the nod of the man dressed in black I could not help thinking, Unk, sure wish you could have seen things like they are when you had life. Then all six of us walked to the hole. The deep dark hole. The man in the black suit nodded and we lowered poor old Unk on the clean green straps above the black hole for his last ride. His ride down to the bottom. As I slowly uncurled my fingers from the now warm brass rail I could not keep the tear from rolling down my cheek. By George, I thought, I’m alive! Nothing I can do to stop that tear but I sure can give the rest of my life the best I can give and enjoy the best I can afford for it.

So here I am. Enjoying the best I can buy and giving the best I can give today. Not what I hope for tomorrow but what is today. No compromising! No complaining! I have never seen work kill anybody. I’ll carry, setup, play, tear down and enjoy it all till I can’t anymore. Technics engineers are you out there? Listen! Gramps wants to thank you. You guys did a great job. A cut above the others. A great package. Please don’t butcher it. Don’t remove the great amp and speaker system. Don’t use a wimpy keyboard. Don’t use cheep materials. Don’t. Please don’t, just for the sake of diet. Just for the sake of a few pounds. Please!!! Pretty Please? And that’s the way this old guy looks at those young, energetic, technics engineers who some think are deaf.

Grandpa Doug