By chance I have discovered "Aftertouch". I came across a setting on an external disk where Aftertouch is ON. The instrument is a *Jazz Trumpet--(What does the * signify?}I accidentally hit a note hard and got the effect. I like it!!
I looked up the 6500 manual to find out more about aftertouch {page 138} and it told me that when the button is ON it is ON , and when the button is OFF it is OFF. FANCY THAT !!!
I am playing "All of Me" with this *Jazz Trumpet" and Swing Band from the 6500, which has great drum breaks that I like.
How do you guys use this "aftertouch"-I don't know much about Wind instruments.What instruments would you use it on and how is it done ??? Any help greatly appreciated.
It seems to me to be the only way to get this effect in playing live. I am experimenting with the pitch bend but can only use it on tracks already sequenced,-- I cant reach it with my nose in real-time and my hands are well and truly occupied.The Reverb Depth is set at 90 which seems fairly high but is that because of the Aftertouch being ON? Reguards to every one from Down Under.Jean.

[This message has been edited by Jean Olivia (edited 11-25-2002).]