Thank you both for your answers. I'm sure this process is way over my head, but it has given me another idea to roll around in my head until I get the courage to try it. What I would like to do is record to disk the accompaniment from the old keyboard. There is a midi menu on the old keyboard and there is a big section in the old keyboard manual regarding midi. I have hooked up the old keyboard to my computer and used the cakewalk program in a very limited capacity. As a matter of fact, the only thing I have done with cakewalk is select a midi tune on the computer and it played through the cable hookup the old keyboard.I have never got into assigning tracks to sounds, and I have never hooked up the KN6500 to the computer! I am going at a snail's pace when it comes to understanding how this keyboard works and everything that I can do with it and I feel very fortunate to be able to read all the posts from the experienced people on this site. I have had this keyboard since Oct. and just yesterday I took a midi song and copied it into the composer of the KN6500 by using the copy from sequencer to composer method, indicated certain tracks and measures, but when I loaded it and played it back as a rhythm, the cords I played in the left hand had no effect on the new rhythm. The rhythm played, but it played just the same as it did in the midi file. I thought I could use this rhythm as a background with other songs, too. Maybe I'm trying to do something that is not possible. If I have explained myself clearly enough for anyone to understand, please let me know if I am attempting to do something that is not possible. Wow! I sure got wordy today! Maybe too much coffee this morning. Thanks.