Hi Alec and Bill,

Appreciated your collective comments regarding the power supply. I dare say the transformer in the KN series does have multiple taps because it would not be cost effective (I wouldn't think, anyway) to manufacture a transformer limited to a single voltage input. To do so would require a range of transformers to meet all voltages around the world. There is too much thought, engineering, and sophistication in the KNs to believe Panasonic would go that route.

I wish I had a schematic of the power supply. It would tell us if there are multiple taps. With that information I might be tempted to take the back off and change taps. Used to disassemble radar and laser systems down to the last diode and rebuild them using schematics years ago.

Bill, your suggestion to have a universal power supply like those in laptops would be the ideal solution. It would be interesting to know Panasonic's rationale for their power supply design. Perhaps it is as you suggest, Alec, to deter the grey market. On the other hand, grey market products have a power supply anyway, so perhaps Panasonic's design is for other reasons? Let's hope the KN7000 is multi-voltage. If it is I would likely buy one. If it isn't, there is no way I would buy one because my KN6000/6500 does it all already - for me at least.

Thanks again, guys, for your comments.

Chuck