Hello from Wintery Melbourne. I have not posted for ages. I have had a short holiday, but the big Aussie trip is postphoned till next year as my friend developed a heart problem.
But to my present query - I wonder if anyone is adding extra tracks to S.M.F.s.
Because my choir and groups use so much music, I often use a commercial S.M.F. if it is available - but some of them need a little extra, even just an extra track with some strings. What is the best way of doing it?
I have loaded the Commercial S.M.F. and changed all the voices to Technics voices in the Step recorder ( Thanks to Alec who explained to me how to do this successfully)
There are still some empty tracks and I would like to use one of them to add Soft Strings but so far no luck. Is there any information on this proceedure anywhere? Maybe some one does this and can help me.
I have done this before, but used 2 Keyboards - recording the extra voice in on the second board straight on to a tape,playing along with the first board. The disadvantage of this is that you finish up with a tape and if the choir want a change of key, you have to go through the whole process again to get another tape or minidisc. It must be possible to do it on the 6500. Can anyone help, please.
I have not lost touch. I read the posts every day but am a bit out of it with my old 6500. Cheers Jean.