Hi Santa 1

I was in your position when I changed from my 6500 to the 7000. The 6500 had a hard drive with loads of floppy settings on it and fortunately, I had kept them all so when I took delivery of the 7000 and it's wonderful little SD Card, I invested in a 128mb card and copied all of the floppies on to it (about 150 - some full, some not).
Whilst at it, I took advantage of the longer naming facility and re-named each one. I then made a note of the numbered and/or alphbetic position shown on the SD card which I wrote on to the relevant floppy and any music involved. As a result I can now call up any one of my settings within seconds either by number or folder. It is so quick that if you key in your choice first, by the time you have turned the page(s) of music, it is loaded. I cannot stress how helpful this is when 'giggin'.

Another nice thing about the SD Card is the convenience. At our keyboard club there are three other members who have the 7000 and we take it in turn each month to demonstrate and play various aspects of the keyboard. Last month it was my turn and all I did was take my little SD Card in my purse, and installed it into my friend's 7000 and played for awhile. Other non Technics owners were amazed and as I said to them "eat your heart out - it's that simple" ha! ha!

Hope this helps.

Aud