Hi Jonny and Alc. thanks for coming to my aid. The titles are correct- Its the numbering thats wrong. This is what I do exactly.
I load song No. 1 "Millie" from disk No 1. "Millie" is now No 1 song on the load page, the sequencer play page, and the song medley page, with panel memories, composer etc. all correct
Now I subtract disk 1 and insert disk 2. Now this is where it gets "hairy".
I want to save SONG 1 MILLIE TO SONG 4 MILLIE on the new disk- this is to fill a space where I have deleted an unwanted song.
I press disk save. On the SAVE page, MILLIE is already named at the top so I dont have to name it again, I scroll to NO 4 position and press save and I presume MILLIE is now saved there-but no such luck!!!
When I press the Play button the song sequencer page comes up and tells me Song No 1 is MILLIE Song No 4 is empty. MILLIE IS STILL NO 4 ON THE LOAD PAGE, and if I reload comes up allright except that its as No 1. I'm sorry I'm not catching on to this but I can't see what I am doing wrong. I"m not losing any songs. They all come up when I load them but the numbers are all wrong.
Maybe I'm going about this completely the wrong way as I cant find anything about it in the manual and the magazine site seems to be " Out of action." Thanks in anticipation. Maybe the LOAD numbers and the SONG numbers dont match and I'm trying to make the keyboard do something it can't do.I want to be able to help the person who is buying my K.N. 5000.so although I am going to get either the 6500 or the 7000 I still have a few things i don't quite understand. Thanks again. Cheers jean.

[This message has been edited by Jean Olivia (edited 02-24-2002).]