Hi Joe, good points, the quality of sound is very largely down to speakers, and the 7000 is great considering they are built in and therefore restrict design, and, size. Strangely the 7000, and others, do not have extension speaker facilities. No doubt a good reason for this.
I play (?) a Tyros, I did not buy the “matching” speakers, too expensive and quality????
I am a bit deaf, courtesy of RAF, the 50’s. I don’t hear much above 10K Hertz, we all diminish with age, the hearing peak being about, 18/25, then it’s downhill!!
I use my Hi Fi system, 20 years ago it cost more than the Tyros!!, showing it’s age now, but I prefer it to the Ty. speakers. The best I have heard was a Bose system many years ago, I asked the player what it cost, £1500. When I use headphones, I hear sounds I don’t via speakers. The best headphones are the ones you like, difficult to get a demo, it’s all sealed packs now, shop wise I used to have a headphone bar, about 10/12 pairs to listen and choose from.
I do hear differences when I adjust the equalizer, some, very large differences. A lot of people don’t seem to experiment with this feature.
I still have a pair of Philip's Motional Feedback speakers, again must be 25/30 years old. The amps are built in, very crisp and remarkable bass considering their size, a good 30 watts (proper, RMS) per channel. Rambled a bit, and not a lot of help. Cheers. Walter.