Bottom line Douglas, is that you were upset with the way I approached it, and I was upset with the way you approached it. And if you ask me, we both could have done better! I admit that I could have done better and will try to do better in the future. I get the impression you know you could have done better also. Let us both learn from this and grow from here while doing better in the future for the forums sake, and for the sake of the other members here, who do not need to view crap like what we both did on this post! Right? I know that we both appreciate this forum and owe it to the forum to behave better than we did!!!
I also think that because we have littered this forum recently with our words of critisism toward each others view that we both owe everyone "and each other" an apology! Therefore I hereby apologize! I am sorry the words I spoke out in frustration. I will do my best in the future to respect the opinion of others in the future. However I admit that I will probably not be pleased when other people here address thier negative opinion about me! Respecting others opinion about the kn series is another thing entirely. I do not have to like you Douglas, and you do not have to like me. But we can respect each other on this forum, and keep in mind that others have to listen to all we say here!
I did see this forum as slipping away from being useful for the kn6500 users as more people got and talked about the 7000 too. And I did try to do something about that because the 6500 is still a great machine and there are many many members who have the 6500 and will not be getting the 7000. I sat down and tried to think of ways to keep things here for the 6500 users. Like the blues recording idea.
I am sure everyone will agree that when the 7000 was out, the forum changed more towards talking about the 7000 and its pros and cons, while the other stuff that was so nice to see here and be a part of dissappeared. Being a 6500 owner, I read the 7000 posts and pondered getting one also, But there was nothing else here for me than that at the time. I knew the other 6500 users would feel the same and go to another forum or not came here any more if that continued. I know the 7000 excited people and with good reason. And I know there were many issues to talk about with the 7000. New and exciting stuff. But still thats about all that was talked about and so many were then left out in the cold because of that. There are more people here that do NOT own a 7000 than do. As far as I know at least. So the end result would be more people finding this place a less exciting for the sake of a few finding it more exciting. Am I making any sense here.?
Anyways, it seems my efforts in that department have done some good, and talk of the 7000 has decreased leaving more talk that all of us could participate in. i noticed a decrease in posts actually. Maybe because so much 7000 talk left nothing for the users with lower models, and so they just faded off somehow. So let us not stray away from the general public here so much, but try to make this place useful to all.
That means you 6500 users should keep it alive and suggest ideas and posibilities with the machine. You know the 7000 users do not and should not have much use for talking about thier old keyboard and with good reason. So if you 6500 owners do not want this great and useful, and exciting place to dissipate on you, then you need only to do your part and participate still. Or all 6500 owners will be fading out of here, leaving less and less topic that is useful to you. This forum does not run on its own. It keeps going from people sharing. And you are one of them. Do your best to keep it going and hope for the best. But don't just sit back and watch the 7000 take over the forum! Because if you do, you are part of the cause. You have a choice. Let it go, or help it to keep going. The 6500 is stil a great machine!
Tony