Hi Mary,
it allows you to add audio tracks ( mp3's etc) to your sd card for playback in your kn.

ONE of the ways I used to use it was to record backing sequences created on my psr as an audio file ( mp3) instead of as a midifile. Reason for mp3 versus midifile, was that it saved me a lot of time converting xg sounds to nx or gm sounds and tweaking volumes so that it would sound good in the kn7. To me, the backing sequences always sounded better when played on the instrument they were created on.
I used to record it as a wav file, convert it to mp3 and save it to sd card using the Panasonic Pc Sd Audio Writing Kit.
( consists of sd card reader/writer & jukebox software.)
Then I use to play the mp3 backing track ( using psr sounds) while I played the melody part using the kn7 voices.

There are many other uses for audio files apart from what I used to use them for.

The SD card reader that comes with the Panasonic pack can also be used for faster backing up of your sd card to computer. On the kn7 it's much faster using the card reader than it is doing it via USB.

If you're not actually interested in audio functions, any sd card reader will back up your normal kn files to computer, but for Audio you need the Panasonic Kit.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by aprilla:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022