Oh Christ!

I was the one, in the original discussion, who said 'there's no smoke without fire'. To all Technics users, I can only apologise for having perhaps had a glimpse of the future.

Now, to all you on-line detectives, what kind of back-up are we going to have from here on? Or, is it going to make the KN and other series look like a DeLoreon on cocaine?

Anyway, I digress. I still can't see why Technics (I'm not trying to protect them!) have seen fit to pull away from what might still be a profitible market; it's just like Aston Martin or Rolls-Royce getting out of making luxury cars. We all, at some time time or another depend or our 'boards for, if anything else, relaxation. It's like telling an alcoholic that nobody produces drinks anymore.

Maybe we'll all end up going to Yamaha or, even worse, Panasonic (?) or Casio. God help us as most of us have built up a lot of libraries of Technics files which, judging by this topic, are to become defunct to everyone apart from a small group of veteran users.

I'm sorry if I've gone over the top in the above, but, having only been introduced and intrigued by the Technic's 'lifestyle' this has got to be the worse news yet.

If anybody wants to cheer me up send me a note telling me it's a mistake or a bottle of something at least 40%.

Sad days,

Mark