I have been using Windows XP since it arrive installed on my Dell computer in March 2002 I have always updated, including the big one, Service Pack 1. I have never had a problem.

Sure, in the begining some of your old hardware may not have been compatible with XP, but most major brands provided updated drivers, and was not really a problem

I remember the days of Win '98, and would never, ever, think of going back. Windows XP may be the best product Microsoft has ever developed. Like everything else though, you have to keep it maintained and updated.

I have not heard of one person who had a major problem with Windows XP that was installed bt a major computer manufacturer. So maybe the problem is not with Windows XP, rather a bad install. Get a pro to install it, or buy a new computer that has Windows XP already installed. Maybe it's time for a new one if your still using 98. It is my understanding that Microsoft, does not offer support anymore for Windows 98. Get rid of it ...It's 2003 ya know ?

IMHO,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900