Will it load Yamaha styles, then? Or is it simply a copy protected Roland style format?

I seem to remember that the primary differences between Yamaha styles and Roland was that Yamaha’s had a Break/Fill, whereas Roland always simply had a Break, and Roland went with four Intros and Endings to Yamaha’s three.

There were also considerable differences between style editing systems, with Yamaha allowing user control of things like range and wraparound. I’m guessing this new one has no style editing at all, if it’s locked behind the same paywall that the FP-E50 is, right?

To be honest, I don’t spend as much time reading the manuals of gear I have absolutely no interest in, any more!

Once again, we bump up against the major drawback of not learning full chords… if a manufacturer changes their shortcuts, it’s game over. But regular chords have always (and always will) played just fine. Chord shortcuts lock you into an ecosystem you have no guarantee it will never change. Perhaps it’s time to spend a while learning the proper fingerings? It doesn’t look like there’s any forward path for that old Roland system…