For me, it’s the content, not the brand that determines what I play. The basic SOUND, and which arranger has the most, best, most varied styles in the genres you tend to perform the most. And truth is, a lot of recent arranger keyboards come with some fairly heavy baggage, either unfixed bugs, or difficulties importing older content (styles, samples etc.).

Maybe something a bit older might work best? I haven’t really heard anything (that isn’t buggy) recently that makes me feel like ditching my ten year old BK9. There appear to be a LOT of PA4X players that won’t migrate to the PA5X until it’s fixed and a bunch of missing stuff is restored, and there’s still a bunch of Tyros users that don’t want to move to a very expensive 76….

My take on Ketron is, the audio styles are killer IF… you like them the way they are (audio styles can’t really be edited much) and there are enough styles in the genres you want to perform (imported MIDI styles aren’t going to compare well with the live audio stuff).

Older arrangers may pre-date the move to cheap Chinese componentry (my old G70 was built like a tank!).

Congratulations on beating your addiction (one day at a time). I lost my wife to it, I know what a battle it can be. But during the intervening years, I don’t think the arranger industry has made much progress. Maybe the best move is to go back to what USED to work for you and let familiarity help you reintegrate into performing (work on YOU, not the gear!) and being vigilant with your recovery while you perform for drinkers…?