One result of 'old age' (at least for me) is how quickly we forget how to do things that we did routinely just a short time ago. This is especially true if you never learned it well in the first place smile smile. That's the case with a stand-alone recorder (Tascam DP32SD) I bought on a whim a couple of years ago. After messing with it for a couple of days, I quickly decided that recording on the PC with REAPER + audio interface was ten times easier and faster with even better sound quality. I packed it up, put it in my storage room and it's been there every since until I decided I might want to record something on my new FP-e50 which is located in my office, not my studio.

Pulled it out, unpacked it, and (operationally) drew a complete blank. Back to the manuals, YT tutorials, and occasional flashes of memory. In the process of learning it the first time, I recorded this tune, MY FUNNY VALENTINE (for those that might not recognize it smile ), and left it on the machine. I don't remember much but I'm sure that's the SAX from my old (retired) PA1x-Pro. The sound is pretty lousy 'cause it's 16-bit, un-mixed, and un-mastered. I don't know why I decided to mix two lead instruments at the same time (probably just experimenting) but I thought it was kind of interesting so I decided to post it anyway.

https://app.box.com/s/vdfzztenspwc641pjbrvix63pak1gqrl

chas