Nice review Bill.

Still haven’t even seen one anywhere near my little boondocks. But I must confess, Yamaha knocked it out the park with the SX series, especially the SX900. The Revo drums addressed one of my major niggles with the whole brand, those over compressed drums. The only downside is, they didn’t rewrite the entire ROM to have them on all styles, so I guess you’ve either got to put up with going back and forth from the ‘old’ PSR sound and the SX, or you’ve got a REALLY long job ahead of you reworking the non-Revo styles to address the new kits, and a chunk of editing the track’s basic notes to use all those extra hihat articulations and the other goodies hidden in all the non-standard notes.

But that aside, it’s very pleasant to find the mid range (even with the price bump) PSR line sounding noticeably better than the Tyros TOTL line, and functionally better too - the chord sequencer is a total game changer and the massive improvement to the number and quality of insert effects means a dramatic change to what you can easily do to a basic sound.

Quite honestly, if my BK-9’s got stolen and a replacement impossible to buy, I honestly think I’d get an SX900, gasp, shock, horror!

I’d massively miss the 76 (come on Yamaha, a 76 SX900 please!) and a load of other things. But I don’t see me lugging a big 76 PA4X around, and the PA5x ain’t gig ready yet. After years of dismissing the Yamaha ‘sound’ and the cheapness of the PSR line, I think I’m starting to believe..!

There… I bet none of you thought you’d EVER hear me say that! 😂🎹♥️